Monday, March 22, 2010

Discuss any issues you have had throughout the process.-Unit 8 Blog

Wow. This is such a broad question. My problem EVERY TIME I write is writer's block. Or I get easily distracted. I want to be a children's book author, and writing children's books is the only time I don't have writer's block. If I am writing a novel or a research paper, I procrastinate because I don't know what to say. The funny thing is, when the writer's block passes, I write like crazy and it just flows. It's just a matter of getting pass the blockage!

I get easily distracted too when writing something. Ohh look something shiny! Not intentionally. It gives me time to think I guess when I concentrate on something else, I am still thinking about the thing I'm writing, just got distracted from doing it.

I get distracted the most by my 2 year old. Normal, right? I'm glad my hubby is here right now to help. It stinks when he is gone. He's a soldier, he wasn't here for my whole pregnancy or the first 3 months of my daughter's life. He's here for this pregnancy though, and he better not leave! I'll fight the military over him! :) It's easier with two parents!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    Congrats! I didn’t know you were expecting. Many thanks to your husband for serving our country and to you too, I know families have to make sacrifices as well. I think it is awesome that you want to write children’s books! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just found out last week. It was a wee bit of a surprise! I wasn't expecting it!

    ReplyDelete